Health Care Reform is also called the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obamacare. It is a law that was designed to get more Americans health insurance coverage. No matter your income, job status or your health condition, you can now get health insurance. The law requires a standard package of medical benefits for everyone.
- When is Open Enrollment?
The Open Enrollment Period for 2022 coverage ended January 15, 2022.
The Open Enrollment Period for 2023 coverage begins November 1, 2022.
- What will my insurance cover?
Standard medical benefits for all plans include:
- Ambulatory patient services.
- Emergency services.
- Maternity and newborn care.
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.
- Prescription drugs.
- Rehabilitation and habilitative services and devices.
- Laboratory services.
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management.
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care.
- How much will it cost?
Your insurance cost will vary depending on:
- Where you live.
- How old you are.
- Whether or not you smoke.
- How may people are in your household.
Want to know how much it will cost? Check out our plans and get a quote.
Under the law, pre-existing conditions and your gender are not factors in determining how much you will pay for health insurance. Your receipt of a federal premium subsidy, taking any action to enforce your rights under applicable law, Health Status-Related Factors, race, color, national origin, present or predicted disability, sex, gender identity sexual orientation, expected length of life, degree of medical dependency or quality of life will not effect your eligibility or premiums for this coverage.