Health Care Reform
Health Care Reform is also called the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare. It is a law that was designed to get more Americans health insurance coverage. No matter your income, job status or your health condition, you can now get health insurance. The law requires a standard package of medical benefits for everyone.
Standard medical benefits for all plans include:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitation and habilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care
Your insurance cost will vary depending on:
- Where you live
- How old you are
- Whether or not you smoke
- How many people are in your household
Want to know how much it will cost? Find out here.
Under the law, pre-existing conditions and your gender are not factors in determining how much you will pay for health insurance.