New for 2023!
Wherever you go, your health care coverage goes with you. When you're a BlueChoice® HealthPlan member, you take your health care benefits with you — across the country and around the world.
Within the U.S.:
- Always carry your current member ID card for easy reference and access to service.
- In an emergency, go directly to the nearest hospital.
- To find nearby doctors and hospitals, check out Find Care or call BlueCard Access at:
- Call the number on the back of your member ID card for precertification of prior authorization, if necessary.
- When you arrive at the participating doctor's office or hospital, simply present your member ID card.
- You should not have to complete any claim forms or pay up front for medical services other than the usual out-of-pocket expenses (deductibles, copayment, coinsurance and non-covered services).
Around the World:
- Always carry your member ID card when you travel or live outside the U.S.
- Follow the same simple process as in the U.S., with these exceptions:
- In most cases, you should not need to pay up front for inpatient care at Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core hospitals. You are responsible for the usual out-of-pocket expenses (non-covered services, deductible, copayment and coinsurance). The hospital should submit your claim.
- You pay the doctor or hospital for inpatient care at non-BlueCard hospitals, outpatient hospital care and other medical services. Then, complete an international claim form and send it to the Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core Service Center.
Always be sure to talk to your provider (including facility, lab, etc.) to ensure they are participating in our network or the BlueCard network prior to having services rendered.
With You Wherever You Go
Your favorite features from the website are now available in a mobile app. With the My Health Toolkit® app, you can:
View and share your digital ID card.
Check the status of your claims.
Confirm your coverage for services.
Find a doctor or hospital in your network.