Pediatric Vision Care*
We still offer pediatric vision on all of our Blue Option plans through the Physicians EyeCare Network (PEN). PEN is an independent company that offers a vision network on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan.
For children (ages 0-18), this includes:
- $25 copayment for one comprehensive vision exam every benefit year.**
- $50 copayment for one pair of glasses (lenses and frames) per benefit year.**
- Single vision, lined bifocal, lined trifocal or lenticular lenses covered in full (after materials copayment).
- A standard selection of frames are covered in full (after materials copayment).
- In lieu of eyeglasses, elective contact lens services and materials are covered with a minimum three months’ supply for any of these options:
- Standard (one pair annually)
- Monthly (six-month supply)
- Bi-weekly (three-month supply)
- Dailies (three-month supply)
- Necessary contact lenses are covered in full for members who have specific conditions for which contact lenses provide better visual correction.
Please note that you must visit an in-network provider to receive this benefit.
Costs incurred from these Pediatric services count toward maximum out-of-pocket (MOOP) expenses. View our glossary for a definition of MOOP and other health insurance terms.
*For dependent children through the age of 18. Adult vision care begins on the first day of the month following their 19th birthday.
**These copayments do not apply to Catastrophic plan members. After the deductible has been met, pediatric vision services will be covered at 100 percent.