We strive to provide you with the health information you need. We also encourage you to practice healthy lifestyle behaviors to help you feel good and avoid problems down the road. Use the resources here to increase your knowledge and become empowered about your health! Check with your doctor to make sure you are up to date on all your screenings and immunizations.
- Visit the Women's Self-Care Center
- Recommendations for Preventive Care -- A CDC resource for preventive care.
- Adult Immunization Schedule
- Breast Health -- Mammograms are the single best way to detect breast cancer early.
- Cervical Health -- Cervical cancer is one of the most common female cancers. It's also one of the most treatable, when detected early! If you're 21-29 you should have a Pap smear every 3 years for early detection of cervical cancer. Those 30-65 should have a Pap test along with the HPV test every 5 years. If you are 65 or older, you may be able to stop having a Pap test if you have had normal results. Consult your doctor for your personal recommendations.
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Screening -- Chlamydia and gonorrhea are important preventable causes of pelvic inflammatory disease and infertility. Find out more about chlamydia.
- Preparing for Pregnancy -- A healthy pregancy starts before you're pregnant. Here is some valuable information to help you get ready for pregnancy.
- Maternity Care -- If you are expecting, check out our Great Expectations® Maternity program.
- Menopause -- Having hot flashes? Wondering about the latest news in hormone replacement therapy? Check out the North American Menopause Society website for up-to-date guidance on these topics and more. The North American Menopause Society is an independent organization that provides health information on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan.
Other Helpful Links
These are independent organizations that provide health information on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan. Some of these links go to third party websites. Those parties are solely responsible for the contents and privacy policies on their sites.