We strive to provide you with the health information you need. We also encourage you to practice healthy lifestyle behaviors to help you feel good and avoid problems down the road. Use the resources here to increase your knowledge and become empowered about your health! Check with your doctor to make sure you are up to date on all your screenings and immunizations.
- Visit the Women's Self-Care Center
- Recommendations for Preventive Care -- A list of preventive exams and screenings that every woman needs to know about.
- Adult Immunization Schedule
- Breast Health -- Mammograms are the single best way to detect breast cancer early.
- Don't forget colorectal health.
- Cervical Health -- Cervical cancer is one of the most common female cancers. It's also one of the most treatable, when detected early! All women ages 18 and older should have a yearly Pap smear for early detection of cervical cancer.
- Chlamydia Screening -- Chlamydia affects women of all ages. Find out more about chlamydia.
- Preparing for Pregnancy -- Here is some valuable information on getting your body ready for pregnancy. A healthy pregnancy starts before you're pregnant.
- Maternity Care -- If you are expecting, check out our Great Expectations® Maternity program.
- What Every Parent Should Know about Pre-Teen and Teen Health
- Menopause -- Having hot flashes? Wondering about the latest news in hormone replacement therapy? Check out the North American Menopause Society website for up-to-date guidance on these topics and more. The North American Menopause Society is an independent organization that provides health information on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan.
Other Helpful Links
These are independent organizations that provide health information on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan. Some of these links go to third party websites. Those parties are solely responsible for the contents and privacy policies on their sites.