We strive to provide you with the health information you need. We also encourage you to practice healthy lifestyle behaviors to help you feel good and avoid problems down the road. Use the resources here to increase your knowledge and become empowered about your health! Check with your doctor to make sure you are up to date on all your screenings and immunizations.
- Healthy Resources for Men -- Your online resources for men’s health information for today.
- Recommendations for Preventive Care -- A list of preventive exams and screenings that every man needs to know about.
- Adult Immunization Schedule
- Stats on Men's Health
- National Men's Health Week
- Heart Health and Blood Pressure -- Check out healthy resources for your heart and blood pressure. Go to the American Heart Association to find out what you can do to prevent the most common killers of men today.
- Colorectal Health -- All men should have colorectal cancer screenings after age 50, sometimes earlier if you have risk factors. Talk to your doctor about which screening is best for you. Learn more about colon and rectal cancer.
- Prostate Health -- Prostate cancer is one of the most common male cancers. It's also one of the most treatable, when detected early! All men age 50 and older should have both the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test and digital rectal examination (DRE) for early detection of prostate cancer. Learn more about prostate cancer.
- Testicular Health -- Testicular cancer is one of the most common male cancers for men ages 35-49. Learn more about testicular cancer.
- Expectant Fathers -- Check out this resource from the March of Dimes.
If you are a BlueChoice HealthPlan member, please refer to your benefits for coverage of specific exams or screenings. For more help, please log into My Health Toolkit®, where you can ask customer service a question -- your information will be confidential and secure!
Other Helpful Links
These are independent organizations that provide health information on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan. Some of these links lead to third party websites. Those parties are solely responsible for the contents and privacy policies of their sites.