Don't Let Flu Get the Best of You!
We’ve all seen the headlines; this season’s flu is one of the worst in recent years. Despite all the bad news, there are several things you can do to keep yourself (and others) healthy this cold and flu season:
- Think of hand-washing as a survival skill. Wash your hands thoroughly and wash them often.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes, especially without washing your hands first.
- Don’t share food and drinks with others.
- Encourage family members to cover their mouths with a tissue when they cough and to sneeze into the inside of their elbow to prevent the spread of germs.
- Don’t share personal items, like toiletries, towels and wash cloths.
- Get a flu shot. Experts say that even when the shot does not prevent you from catching the flu, it may make your symptoms less severe and shorten the length of time that you’re sick. Check out where you can get your flu shot!
- If you have symptoms of a cold or flu, stay home!