The Great Expectations®Pre-Diabetes program is for anyone who has a condition that is known to lead to diabetes. These pre-diabetes conditions qualify you for our program:
- A diagnosis of pre-diabetes
- Glucose intolerance
- Metabolic syndrome
- Polycystic ovary disease
- A history of gestational diabetes
- Other conditions by physician referral
If you have one of these conditions, we will automatically enroll you in the program, at no charge. There are many benefits to participation:
- We will send you information on how to manage your pre-diabetes risk factors. This includes helpful information on eating healthy, exercising and losing weight, if you are overweight. We’ll even send you a FREE pedometer so you can track your steps to a healthier you!
- You are eligible for pre-diabetes education at a participating diabetes education center.
- If your doctor recommends you test your blood sugar, we can send you a free monitor. This will allow you to get testing strips at the preferred (middle) copayment, if you have pharmacy benefits with BlueChoice HealthPlan.
- We have a staff of experienced health specialists. They include nurses, registered dietitians and certified diabetes educators. These staff members can answer any questions you have about your condition and how you can lower your risk.
There are a lot of things you can do to manage pre-diabetes. People who are overweight are at greater risk for developing diabetes. Consider joining our self-paced weight management program. You can also take advantage of one of the many value-added discounts that come with your membership. These include Jenny Craig and some local fitness centers.
Find out more about diabetes prevention at the Diabetes Center. This information is courtesy of Caremark, an independent company that offers health education information on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan.
For more information, please contact us at 800-327-3183, ext. 25450.
We value your feedback! If you have been or are currently enrolled in the Great Expectations®Pre-Diabetes program, please take the program satisfaction survey.
For more information or to enroll in a Great Expectations® program, you can call us at 855-838-5897.
Other Helpful Links
Some links on this page lead to third party websites. Those parties are solely responsible for the contents and privacy policies on their sites.